L144 Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco (Ancistrus sp.) 3-4cms
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-L144-5cm
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
This bristlenose pleco variety is incredibly unique and colorful, and it is an excellent scavenger for most aquariums. We now even have adult specimens that can be bred in the home aquarium!
The Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco (Ancistrus sp.), also known as the Blue Eye Lemon Bushy Nose Pleco, is a member of the Loricariidae family of South American suckermouth catfishes. While many suckermouth catfish species have yet to be bred on any major scale in aquariums, the Bristlenose pleco is one of the most easily and often-bred “pleco” species in the aquarium hobby. This fish is immediately distinguishable by its highly variable brown and tan marbled pattern, as well as the growth of many bristle-like appendages on its facial area beginning in sub-adulthood. Both sexes grow the appendages, but the growth and length is much more pronounced in males. Many plecos, especially those that are wild-caught but are not yet properly scientifically described and categorized, are classified by the “L system,” with the L being short for Loricariidae, the family representing South American suckermouth catfish. It is widely believed that the “L144” classification of this fish is a misnomer and that the true L144 pleco is not bred or even seen in captivity, but might have initially been used in developing this color variety of this Ancistrus. Regardless, it is a very unique and beautiful tank-raised fish.
- The Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco is a very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium.
- At a maximum size of 4-5 inches, this is a very practical and manageable fish.
- This fish will not bother most plants, but it will likely help with algae control, especially as a juvenile. It will also scavenge and consume most uneaten fish food.
- Unique appearance as well as plenty of personality.
- Diet: Omnivore, but meatier foods should only be fed sparingly (once a week or less).
- Social behavior: Generally solitary, but will socialize somewhat, especially during breeding.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South America.
- Average adult size: 4 - 5 inches (10 - 13 cm)
A generally peaceful and hardy species, the Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco is an excellent, undemanding candidate for most aquariums. Unlike the widely-seen Common Pleco (Hypostomus plecostomus) and Trinidad Pleco (Hypostomus punctatus), which easily reach a monstrous size of 18 to 20+ inches, the Bristlenose Pleco grows to a size of only 4 to 5 inches (10 to 13 cm). This smaller size makes for a much more manageable (and less messy) pleco that can thrive permanently in a well-maintained aquarium as small as 30 to 40 gallons. Male plecos may be somewhat territorial with other males of their species, but disputes can usually be diffused by providing ample territory and hiding places for each fish. All other tankmates will be generally ignored, although it is possible that small dwarf shrimp fry might fall prey to the Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco.
The Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco is primarily nocturnal, but will often become active during daytime hours once established in an aquarium with plenty of driftwood, rockwork, and other hiding places. It is not known to eat wood heavily like some plecos (Panaque sp., etc.), but it may benefit from some supplementary wood (or bio-matter on driftwood) in its diet. The Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco will not bother most plants, but it will eat plenty of algae in the aquarium, especially as a juvenile. Feed the Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco a diet heavy in vegetable matter, including high-quality vegetable flakes, sinking algae wafers and pellets. It will also appreciate being fed some fresh vegetables such as shelled peas, spinach, zucchini and cucumber. Occasional meaty foods such as bloodworms are also beneficial when fed very sparingly. This fish eats constantly, so too much meat/animal protein in its diet can be unhealthy for the fish as well as the level of waste it produces in the aquarium.
- 1x 2-3cm Blue Eye Lemon Bristlenose Pleco
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.
- Scientific Name : Ancistrus sp. (L144)
- Common Names : L144 Lemon bristlenose blue eye
- Mature Size : 10-13cms
- pH : 6.5 - 7.5
- Temperature : 22.0-26.0°C
- Origin / Habitat : Paraguay
- Temperament / Behavior : Peacefull
- Sex - Un Sexed