Red Blood Parrot Cichlid 6.5-8cm
Product Code: LF-BPARROT8CM
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
or 4 payments of $24.99 with Info
RED BLOOD PARROT CICHLID 6.5-8 CM
The Blood Red Parrot Cichlid is an oddball man-made Hybrid that has stirred quite a bit of controversy in the fish world but has gained huge popularity with many. Whether you approve of hybrid fish or not, these wonderful Blood Red Parrot Cichlids are here to stay. They are very compatible with a community tank as they are peaceful, curious and they interact well with their fish keepers once they get to know you. Blood Red Parrotfish should not be confused with the true Parrot Cichlid (Hoplarchus Psittacus) or the Salt Water Parrot (Callyodon Fasciatus).
When choosing Blood Red Parrotfish you will notice that the baby Parrots are very dark with stripes. As they start to grow they change colour quickly from dark to a mottled black and orange to a true solid Orange. This happens very quickly within the first four months.
- 1 x Blood Parrot 8cm
- Common Names : Blood Red Parrot, Bloody Parrot
- Care Level : Moderate
- Size : 8" (20 cm)
- pH : 6.5 - 7.0
- Temperature :72-82F (22-28C)
- Lifespan : about 10 years
- Origin / Habitat: Man-made, not present in Nature, but Parents are South American Cichlids
- Temperament / Behavior: Peaceful
- Breeding: Males are usually infertile. Can be bred with Midas, Severum and Convict Cichlids.Egg layer, open Breeder.
What Do Our
Customers Have To Say?