Aquarium Water Conditioner
Shop Aquaholics to Find the Right Aquarium Water Conditioner
What You Can Expect from Aquaholics Regarding Aquarium Water Conditioners
- The best brands: We pride ourselves on carrying products from some of the best and most respected brands in the aquarium and fish care industries. In the category of fish tank water conditioners, we carry products from proven names such as Aqua One and Seachem, along with our own products.
- Knowledgeable advice: Especially if you are a first-time fish owner, you might not know all the best practices regarding water conditioning. Our knowledgeable employees can help you choose the right conditioner based on the types of fish you have, along with several other factors. With our advice, you will be able to use conditioners to mimic the natural habitat of your fish.
- Fast shipping: If you already have fish, or if you’re planning on buying soon, you need to have the right water conditioner on hand. We ship quickly, because we understand the pressing nature of having these products.
The Importance of Using an Aquarium Water Conditioner
- Tap water is not safe for fish: The water coming out of your tap at home has been treated and disinfected for your benefit. Unfortunately, the same treatment processes that make tap water safe to drink, makes it unsafe for your fish. Tap water often includes chlorine or chloramines, which are bad for fish and kill bacteria that are beneficial to have in your aquarium. Dissolved metals also often make their way to your tap, which can be lethal to your fish as well.
- Water conditioner is the first step to a safe aquarium environment: Water conditioner plays a vital role in the setup and maintenance of your aquarium. It effectively neutralises the chlorine, chloramines and unwanted metals that may be present in your tap water, making that water safe for your fish. From there, your aquarium filter should do most of the work in creating a fish-friendly living environment, though you may also use a biological enhancer to get the right bacteria in your tank.