Umbee Turquoise American Cichlid 3cm
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-Umbee3cm
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
or 4 payments of $3.96 with Info
Umbee Turquoise American Cichlid 3cm
The Umbee Cichlid is usually seen in stores as a small ittle fish that no one would ever buy. When it comes to big cichlids the majority of aquarists might think of Oscars or even Frontosas. Umbee Cichlids are found in riverine environments within Panama and Colombia where they are top predators in their ecosystem. Umbees are in many ways the very epitome of cichlid-dom.
In nature, Umbee Cichlids are found in just three rivers in Central and South America. If you’re trying to encourage your Umbees to breed raising the temperature to 27-29C can be helpful. Being so close to the equator seasonal shifts in temperature are never dramatic but small changes can help signal the start of spring and summer. This can be tough because as large predators, they eat a lot and poop just as much.
For a tank of juveniles a power filter will be plenty for their tank.
- 1x Umbee Cichlid 2-3cm
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.
- Common Names: Umbee Cichlid, Umbriferum, Turquoise Cichlid
- Scientific Name: Kronoheros (Caquetaia) umbriferus
- Origin: Panama & Colombia
- Length: 18-24 inches (54-72cm)
- Aquarium Size: 150+ Gallons
- Temperament: Aggressive
- Ease of Care: Intermediate to Difficult