Buenos Aires Golden Tetra 3.5cm
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-Buenos_tetra_3.5
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
Buenos Aires Golden Tetra 3.5cm
The Buenos Aires Tetra is extremely popular due to its hardiness and ease of care. The Buenos Aires Tetra is one of the larger tetras as it can grow to nearly three inches in size. Its body is silvery with a narrow blue line that starts behind the gill and ends at the caudal (tail) fin, where there is a black diamond-shaped spot. The fins are orange-red and a splash of red can be seen at the top of the eye. Several color variations have been bred including one that has a yellowtail.
Sexually mature males are noticeably more intensely-colored, slimmer-bodied, and remain a little smaller than females. The Buenos Aires Tetra is an egg-scattering free spawner exhibiting no parental care. When in good condition, adults will spawn often and in a mature aquarium, it’s possible that small numbers of fry may start to appear without intervention.
The Buenos Aires Tetra is a hardy fish that can undergo a vast temperature range which makes it a reasonably good beginner fish.
- 1x Buenos Aires Tetra 3.5cm
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.
- Common name: Buenos Aires Tetra
- Scientific name: Hemigrammus Caudovittatus
- Average Adult Fish Size: 2 inches / 5 cm
- Place of Origin: Argentina.
- Typical Tank setup: Well planted with rocks and driftwood/bogwood. Moderate water movement is beneficial although doesn’t need to be too strong.
- Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 80 liter
- Compatibility: It is very common to find tetras with Corydoras as companions, as they are both quite peaceful and other tank mates like Guppies, other Tetras, Rasboras, Mollies & Platies
- Temperature: 16 – 28 Deg C (Higher temperatures preferred)
- Water chemistry: pH 5.5 – 8.5