Blue Dolphin Cichlid - Cyrtocara Moorii 10cm
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-BLUEDOLPHIN10cm
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
BLUE DOLPHIN CICHLID - 10CM
The Cyrtocara Moorii, commonly known as the Blue Dolphin. This stunning fish is a popular choice among aquarium enthusiasts due to its striking appearance and fascinating behavior. Native to Lake Malawi in East Africa, the Blue Dolphin originates from the rocky habitats along the shores of the lake. It is highly adaptable and can thrive in both freshwater and brackish water conditions.
The Blue Dolphin can grow up to a maximum size of approximately 6 inches (15 cm). This species exhibits an interesting breeding behavior known as maternal mouthbrooding. Females hold fertilized eggs in their mouths until they hatch, providing protection and care for the developing fry. After hatching, the fry can either be left with the female or moved to a separate rearing tank.
Diet: Being primarily herbivorous, the Blue Dolphin feeds on various plant matter in its natural habitat. To ensure a balanced diet in captivity, it is recommended to offer a combination of high-quality flake or pellet food designed for herbivorous cichlids. Fresh vegetables like spinach, peas, and zucchini can be included as well. Additionally, occasional protein-rich treats such as brine shrimp or bloodworms can be provided to supplement their diet.
- 1 x Blue Dolphin 15cm
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.
- Common Name: Blue Dolphin, Cyrtocara Moorii
- Family: Cichlidae
- Compatibility: Generally peaceful, but can exhibit territorial behavior during breeding.
- Tank Size: Minimum 190 liters for a single Blue Dolphin. Increase tank size for a community setup.
- Tank Decor: Provide plenty of rocky hiding places and caves to mimic their natural habitat.
- Lifespan: Up to 10 years or more with proper care.
- Temperament: Generally peaceful, but can be territorial during breeding.
- Water Region: Middle to bottom levels of the aquarium.
- Temperature: 24°C to 27°C
- pH Level: 7.5 to 8.5
- Water Hardness: 10 to 20 dGH
- Maximum Size: Up to 6 inches (15 cm)
- Breeding: Blue Dolphins are maternal mouthbrooders, where the females hold the fertilized eggs in their mouths until they hatch. After the fry are released, they can be left with the female or moved to a separate rearing tank.