Albino Red Tiger Oscar Cichlid - Astronotus Ocellatus 5-7cm
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-albinoredtigeroscar5cm
ALBINO RED TIGER OSCAR - 5-7CM
The Albino Red Tiger Oscar, also known as the Albino Tiger Oscar, is a colour variant of the Oscar fish (Astronotus ocellatus). Oscars are native to South America, particularly found in the Amazon River basin, as well as in various other river systems throughout the continent.
Albino Red Tiger Oscars are distinctive due to their striking colouration. They have a unique, albino variant of the typical Tiger Oscar's dark black and orange colour pattern. These fish have a robust, oval-shaped body with a protruding forehead and a mouth that resembles a parrot's beak, which is characteristic of all Oscar species They can grow up to 12 to 14 inches (30 to 35 centimeters) in length, making them a relatively large aquarium fish.
Albino Red Tiger Oscars are known to be somewhat aggressive, especially during breeding or when they feel threatened. They may show aggression towards tank mates, particularly smaller or slower fish. It is recommended to keep them with compatible tank mates and provide plenty of hiding places to reduce aggression. Albino Red Tiger Oscars can grow quite large, so a spacious tank is essential. A tank with a minimum size of 75 gallons is recommended for a single Oscar. If you plan to keep more than one Oscar in the same tank, you should increase the tank size accordingly to accommodate their territorial nature.
With proper care, Albino Red Tiger Oscars can live for up to 10 to 15 years or even longer.
- Choose tank mates that are of similar size and temperament to minimize aggression and potential harm to other fish.
- Some suitable tank mates include other large cichlids (like Jack Dempseys or Firemouth cichlids) and larger catfish species.
- Avoid keeping them with very small or slow-moving fish, as Oscars may see them as potential prey.
- Albino Red Tiger Oscars are carnivorous and enjoy a diet of high-quality pellets, live or frozen foods, and occasional fresh treats like earthworms, crickets, and small fish.
- It's essential to provide them with a varied diet to ensure their health and coloration.
- Feed young Oscars 2-3 times a day.
- As they grow older, reduce feedings to once a day, or every other day, to avoid overfeeding and water quality issues.
- Regular water changes and monitoring water parameters (pH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates) are crucial for the well-being of your Albino Red Tiger Oscars.
- Maintain a stable water temperature between 23-27°C and slightly acidic to neutral pH levels (around 6.5 to 7.5).
- 1 x Albino Tiger Oscar 7cm
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.
- Species - Astronotus Ocellatus
- Common Name - Albino Red Tiger Oscar
- Marture Adult Size - 12"
- Origin - Central America
- Diet - Omnivore
- PH Range - 6.0 -7.2
- Tempreature Range 23°c - 28°c
- Water Type - Soft Acidic
- Breed Type - Egg Depositor
- Size - 7cm
- Sex - Unsexed