Dwarf Honey Gourami 3.5cm
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-HoneyGourami_3.5
Honey Gourami 3.5cm
The fish inhabits in Northeast India and Bangladesh in river Gang and Brahmaputra basins, in thickly planted waters.
The fish is often encountered in lakes, ponds, small rivers, flooded fields and even drains. A lot of habitats are prone to seasonal droughts, that last from June to October.
As a rule the fish dwells in waters with lots of plants and soft, low mineralized water. Honey gourami feeds on insects, their larvae and various zooplankton.
The honey gourami is generally considered to be a non-aggressive community fish, ideal for small aquaria (10 gallons and up). However like other gouramis, male honey gouramis can be aggressive towards each other. For this reason they are best kept apart, unless the tank is large enough for the males to establish territories.
A tank that includes this fish should be planted and decorated to provide adequate cover. Providing cover is necessary as this species, like the similarly sized dwarf gourami, can be rather timid, and aggressive tankmates are best avoided. Good tankmates include non-fin nipping tetras, non-fin nippingbarbs, platys and other gouramis. Water temperature should be maintained at around 22 to 28 °C. Water chemistry is not critical, but extremes should be avoided.[
They are a very peaceful fish, and are also not picky eaters. During spawning, the male will build a bubblenest and may become territorial toward other fish. Males should be removed from the tank after spawning and the females should be removed a couple days after hatching, as they will eat the fry. These fish prefer a heavily planted aquarium. These are an ideal addition to most community tanks with livebearers, Tetras, Danios, Rasboras, Rainbowfish, Loaches, Barbs, plecos, and most scavengers.
- 1 x Male Honey Dwarf Gourami 5cm
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.
|Origin||India, West Bengal, Assam, and Bangladesh|
|Tank Level||Top, mid-dweller|
|Minimum Tank Size||20L|
|Diet||Omnivore, eats algae|
|Breeding||Egglayer, bubble nest|
|pH||6.0 to 7.5|
|Hardness||4 to 10 dGH|
|Temperature||22 to 28 C|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|