Saratoga leichardti 6-8cm LIVE Fish
Product Code: LF-Saratoga-leichardti
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
or 4 payments of $37.00 with Info
Saratoga Leichhardti 6-8cm
In Australian Waters, we have 2 main species of Saratoga, the Queensland Saratoga (Scleropages leichardti) and the Gulf Saratoga (Scleropages jardini). The Queensland Saratoga or Leichardti has a silver coloured body and lacks pattern on its gill covers.
Larger fish are best kept on their own, ensure the aquarium is covered as they are expert jumpers. Saratoga is an active predator and in the wild, they eat terrestrial insects, small fish, crustaceans and frogs. In the aquarium, they will eat crickets, mealworms,
live fish, Frozen Bloodworm and Frozen Brine Shrimp and floating pellets
Saratoga is solitary fish and is very aggressive towards other members of their own species. They can however be kept with large robust species. Make sure that the tank mates are not overly aggressive and are large enough not to fit into the Saratoga’s
Good filtration and adequate aquarium maintenance (filter cleans and water changes) are essential as Saratoga are sensitive to water pollutants.
- 1x Saratoga leichardti 6-8cm
- Also known as the Australian Arowana.
- This fish is elegant and a aggressive preditor
- Species – Saratoga
- Common Name – Australian Arowana
- Origin – Northern NT, QLD
- Diet – Omnivorous
- PH Range – 5.8 – 9
- Temperature – Tropical and Coldwater 11°c – 34°c
- Breed Type – Egg Scatterer
- Current Size – approximately 10cm (Grows to approximately 100cm)
- Sex – Un-sexed
What Do Our
Customers Have To Say?