Black Diamond Stingray Male Female Pair 15-17cm
ARRIVE ALIVE GUARANTEED!
Product Code: LF-BlackDiamondMale_PAIR
Black Diamond Stingray 15-17cm
The diamond stingray (Dasyatis dipterura) is a species of stingray in the family Dasyatidae. In the wild it is found in the coastal waters of the eastern Pacific Ocean from southern California to northern Chile, and around the Galápagos and Hawaiian Islands. This bottom-dweller generally inhabits sandy or muddy flats near rocky reefs and kelp forests, to a depth of 30 m (98 ft), though off Hawaii it may range considerably deeper. As its common name suggests, this species has an angular, diamond-shaped pectoral fin disc that is plain brown or gray above, with rows of tubercles along the midline and on the "shoulders". The long, whip-like tail has both dorsal and ventral fin folds, which distinguish this ray from the closely similar longtail stingray (D. longa). It typically grows to 1 m (3.3 ft) across.
The diamond stingray attains a disc width of 1 m (3.3 ft) or possibly 1.2 m (3.9 ft); females grow larger than males. Its pectoral fin disc is rhomboid in shape, slightly wider than long, with angular outer corners and subtly convex margins. The snout is blunt-angled and non-projecting. The eyes are fairly large and immediately followed by the spiracles (paired respiratory openings). The mouth is strongly curved, containing 21–37 upper tooth rows and 23–44 lower tooth rows; the teeth are small and blunt, and arranged into flattened surfaces. Three or five papillae (nipple-like structures) are found in a row across the floor of the mouth.
The whip-like tail generally measures up to one and half times the length of the disc, and bears one (more if replacements have grown in) long, slender, serrated spine on the upper surface, closer to the base than the tip. Behind the spine, there are long dorsal and ventral fin folds that rise gradually, reaching a relatively high apex before sloping down abruptly. The presence of the upper fin fold separates this species from the similar longtail stingray (D. longa), which shares most of its range. However, the tail is often damaged, in which case differentiating the two species in the field becomes all but impossible. Young rays have completely smooth skin, while adults develop a row of low tubercles along the midline of the back, flanked by two shorter rows on the "shoulders". The tail also becomes covered in prickles. This species is a uniform olive to brown to gray above, darkening to black on the tail, and off-white below.
***Stingrays are kept with our breeder located in Brisbane, we only offer direct flight airport to airport shipping***
- 1x Male Black Diamond Stingray 15-17cm
- 1x Female Black Diamond Stingray 15-17cm
DOA Policy for Live Fish shipping
At Aquaholics, we place utmost importance on the careful shipping of live fish to ensure their safe arrival. Our commitment to quality includes taking various measures during transit. Each fish bag is infused with medical-grade oxygen and an ammonia-neutralizing solution. In colder periods, we also utilize heat packs to maintain optimal temperatures. However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to unfortunate outcomes. To provide you with peace of mind, we have implemented a Dead-on Arrival (DOA) policy that ensures you are covered in such situations.
- Owner's Presence: It is essential for the owner or an authorised representative to be available at the provided shipping address to receive the fish. If no one is available, the courier will leave your parcel in a safe space as all fish orders are shipped ATL.
- Shipping Address: Please provide a valid street address for shipping. Ensure the address is accurate and complete to avoid any delivery issues.
- Reporting DOA: If you receive a fish that is dead on arrival, please notify us promptly. Within 2 hours of receiving the fish, send an email to our customer support team. Include the following details in your email:
- Name: Your full name
- Order Number: The unique order number associated with your purchase
- DOA Fish Picture: Attach a clear picture of the deceased fish
Terms and Conditions:
- Timely Notification: Please make your DOA claim within 2 hours of receiving the fish. Claims submitted after this timeframe will not be eligible for compensation.
- Proper Documentation: Ensure that your email includes accurate and complete information, including your name, order number, email, and a clear picture of the deceased fish. Incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your claim.
- Verification: Our customer support team will review the provided information to verify the DOA claim. Once the claim is validated, we will proceed with the appropriate compensation.
- Compensation Options: In the event of a DOA, we offer two compensation options: a) Store Credit: You will receive a store credit equal to the value of the deceased fish, which can be used for future purchases. b) Refund: We can issue a refund for the value of the deceased fish, processed through the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Shipping Costs: Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable unless the entire order is considered a DOA.
- Conditions Apply: Our DOA policy covers only fish that are dead upon arrival. It does not apply to fish that perish after successful delivery and acclimation to their new environment.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the well-being of our live fish. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our DOA policy, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected] , and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you again for allowing us on your aqaurium journey.