Axolotls Mexican walking Fish Medium 12cm
Product Code: lf-axo-med
Dispatch In 1-2 Business Days
or 4 payments of $9.96 with Info
Mexican Walking Fish, Axolotls Ambystoma mexicanum* 12cm
Mexican walking fish are fascinating creatures looking, and often acting, like miniature pre historic monsters. These animals can grow up to 30cm in size make excellent pets, living up to 10 years.
Mexican walking fish come in various colours, including dark brown, olive, black, albino and golden (pictured above) forms, (which have bright pink gills) and a piebald (spotted) form, which is seldom seen. Housing
Axolotls are best housed in conditions similar to goldfish as their water requirements are very much the same. An aquarium 60cm x 30cm x 30cm will house a full-grown pair of axolotls. As axolotls extract oxygen from the water through their gills water quality is very important, therefore your tank should be adequately aerated and filtered.
*Colour of Axolotls may vary.
- 1 x Axolotls around 12cm
- Individuals may attack others in the tank if sufficient shelter is not provided.
- Rocks, plants and cut plastic pipes are suitable. I
- t is most interesting, that in the event of a limb or portion of the animal being bitten off, it will regenerate. The damaged individuals are best isolated and given extra food and attention.
- The regeneration process seems to be more rapid at lower temperatures. Axolotls have a large wide mouth, well adapted for preying on fish, and therefore fish should not be kept in the same aquarium.
- Common Name - Axolotls -Ambystoma mexicanum
- Marture Adult Size - Upto 30cm
- Origin - Mexico
- Diet - Earth Worms
- Water Type - Hard Alkaline
- Temperature: 10°C — 20°C.
- pH: 7.0 — 7.5
- General Hardness: 150 — 200 ppm.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
What Do Our
Customers Have To Say?